So if you follow me on Twitter, you may or may not know that this weekend i lived with no electricity in my house. You can email if you're curious as to why it happened lol... but it was a nightmare! I could write a long list of things that went wrong and how bad my weekend was LOL On top of everything, today i started school and i was freaking out because of how i'm going to fix my hair - NO hair straightner and NO blow-dryer... So if you happen to find yourself in awkard situations like i did... don't panic! ...There's a solution and i think i discovered my "in case of emergency" hairstyle lol!
Here's the breakdown of what i did:
- Washed my hair like i regularly do it (shampoo/conditioner)
- After you towel dry it, apply some anti-frizz or tamers - I used Garnier Fructis Style Fiber Gum Putty - and work it through your hair, focusing on the front because that's the part that needs to be in place.
- I wanted to make my natural hair look like a headband, so i started from my right year and twisted it inward, working it in sections until i got to my left year and kept going until the middle of my back.
- I used bobby pins so secure the braid in place.
- I put up part of my hair with a clip and brought it up to make a mild poof LOL
-You can also part your hair and work them to the right and the left and meet them in the middle and tie them up in a pony tail and work from there.
I let my hair air dry and made sure i put enough product, so it wont frizz up and give me a hard time. I've gotten a lot of compliments for my hair and i was very surprised it came out this nice, knowing i had no other choice LOL!
Do you have any emergency hairstyles?