Monday, January 4, 2010

Do it yourself: the Mac Lip Erase

I had Mac Lip Erase of my wish list for a while, until i saw some reviews on it. A lot of people complained that it leaves their lips very dry and doesn't do a better job than a simple concealer would. So i slowly forgot about wanting this product.
I recently saw an article in Allure magazine on how to get those perfect nude lips. You put some concealer on, add some vaseline so it doesn't dry and you have the perfect nude. So i decided to mix the concealer and vaseline and keep it in a jar... just like the lip erase! It works really well for me. Its moisturizing because of the vaseline and the concealer really helps pale out my lips and get them ready for gloss.
So here's what i did...

I got this empty jar. It's from my HIP cream liner, which i ran out of and kept the jar. (make sure you get rid of any color left). You can use any jar you have handy though (mac sample containers)
Then i used Maybelline mousse concealer cream in Light shade. Since it's a mousse, its very soft and easy to mix and work with.
I got this Vaseline that i bought at my local drugstore for about $2
I added concealer and more vaseline and mixed with a Q-tip and set it nicely in the pan
(doesn't it resemble the lip erase?!?!)
Here's what it looks like Not blended and Blended
(it looks really yellow because of the lighting i promise lol)
_____________________________________________
Hope you like the idea and try it out =)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! This is a great idea, I look forward to trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I wonder if it would work mixed with Carmex.

    ReplyDelete