I was recently sent three samples of the new Sudocrem skin care tubes that are a new upcoming sensation. I was actually not familiar with this company at all, it's really popular in the UK. Sudocrem is generally known as a antiseptic healing cream. It protects the babies skin if irritated by diaper rash and that original popular version that many are familiar with is in a pot. The known cream can also be used to treat cuts and grazes, sunburn, minor burns, acne and bedsores.
Here's what the original pot form Sudocrem is best know for
(information taken from the website HERE)
Sudocrem’s clinically proven to soothe, heal and protect your baby’s delicate skin and works in three ways:
- A water-repellent base forms a protective barrier, helping to stop any irritants (urine and faeces) coming into contact with the skin.
- It both softens and soothes sore, inflamed skin.
- It has a weak local anaesthetic to help ease pain and irritation.
- hypoallergenic lanolin, to help soothe and soften irritated skin.
- zinc oxide which reduces the loss of tissue fluid.
- benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate which are ingredients of Balsam of Peru, recognised for its healing properties.
- benzyl alcohol, a weak local anaesthetic which eases pain and also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent.
As a protective antiseptic cream, Sudocrem is also helpful in the treatment of other skin conditions. You can buy Sudocrem from independent pharmacies, major pharmacy chains, supermarkets and selected children's department stores.
Ok so now that we have an idea of what Sudocrem is and we can see why people love it and prefer it so much, we can talk about the NEW Skin Cream for adults. The new skin care for adults line does not yet have a website but does have a Facebook/Twitter page.
Here's their Facebook page and some information that you can find there:
(Click on picture to visit and LIKE the page!)
- Sudocrem Skin Care Cream is fast becoming a skin care must-have with a growing celebrity following, including Cheryl Cole and Amanda Holden.
- Sudocrem Skin Care Cream is in the white Sudocrem Tube. It is a product aimed at helping to maintain healthy skin as part of your daily skin care routine.
- The handy 30g tube makes it perfect for your handbag and when travelling (the size is hand luggage compliant). It is the perfect size to slip into desk drawer, gym bag or car glove box. Your new Sudocrem tube will quickly become your ‘go anywhere, use anytime skin care essential.’
- Sudocrem Skin Care Cream is a versatile cream that is gentle and soothing and can be used as often as you need. It is ideal for problem-skin including spot prone or the problem patches common on elbows and knees. It can even be applied to your skin after being out in the sun.
Also on Sudocrems' facebook there's this fun app that you can check out called Bagology. It basically wants you to select the style of handbag you wear in order to reveal your personality. We all love to wear different types of bags so it's fun and interesting to see what that says about each individual.
(Click picture below)
REVIEW: I had a chance to try this out and i have to say im really impressed and i started loving it. Since i was never aware of Sudocrem, i wanted to give myself a few days and try out the product before i say anything about it. I'm definitely going to carry one around in my bag. First thing that i noticed is the white formula, which is very thick and has to be blended well to get into the skin. Once blended, it leaves the skin with a soft powdery feeling, not oily at all and very smooth. I really love the smell too. It's like a fresh baby powder smell that's a bit strong and long lasting, so if you're not the one for a good scented lotion, maybe this isn't for you, but i personally really like it. My hands get dry very easily and i find myself applying lotion way too much but i only use this cream about twice a day and my hands stay soft and powdery feeling all day - which is a good thing lol they feel really clean. I would definitely look to purchase a full sized tube in the future.
If you have any questions or want to know more, visit any of the Sudocrem links bellow by clicking on the pictures... Website, Twitter and Blog...
Disclaimer - I was sent these three samples for review. I was not paid for this
and am not affiliated with Sudocrem. My review is my honest personal opinion of the product.