Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review: E.L.F Studio Complexion Perfection Powder

 e.l.f studio tone correcting powder

Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. The colors are meant to be blended together as the Blue neutralizes orange, the Green neutralizes red, the Pink neutralizes grey and the Yellow brightens and neutralizes red.
(www.eyeslipsface.com)
So what exactly is the point of adding all this color to your face? The different colors help bring your entire face to an evened out color. Many of us find that we have some purple or blue under our eyes or have red cheeks, and have to use opposite shades to even everything out. Basically here's the breakdown of how it works, as mentioned in the description on their website:
Yellow formula cancels out Purple - e.g. under the eyes
Green formula cancels out Red - e.g. cheeks, face
Blue formula cancels out Orange - e.g. spots on face
Pink formula cancels out Green/Blue - e.g. under eyes

My skin has never been even toned. I have a lot of small redness all over my cheeks and i sometimes need to use something green before to able to fully cover that. I use a good foundation either way, but by the end of the day, the redness seeps through it.
My opinion: For the $3 price i didn't really expect to make too much of a difference but i was a bit surprised. I got a chance to use it for a few days to get a feel of the product and how it works. When i try to swirl all the powders together, you get a sort of translucent powder that basically leaves my skin looking really white. I guess that's it's way to evening out the skin tone. One terrible downside about this is that it's extremely powdery and can feel chalky. It's not that bad for me since i have oily skin, so it keeps my skin looking dry for the longest time. I don't think i would really recommend it for dry skin. I make sure i apply it before the foundation to kind of create a clean white base before i put on any color. I also tried using the colors individually, specifically the green one for my redness and it worked really well. Again the same powdery chalky feel to it but it doesn't bother me, since it's summer time and i get oily either way. I don't think it would work on top of foundation simply because of the translucent powder will pale me out a lot. But all-in-all i really do love that it tames down by redness and kind of gets the face ready for foundation and other products. If you don't use foundation and want something that would even out your skin tone, i would recommend it just make sure u do add some bronzer and/or blush to give more life to your face because its going to pale it out.

I think overall i'm happy with the product knowing it's only $3 and it comes in a big compact with a mirror. Next to ELF i saw that Target has Physicians Formula color wheal, and it looked a bit smaller than this. The colors were somehow swirled together in the compact. Of course it's a bit more expensive but you have different options if you're interested. They also have the colors separately if you only wanna focus on specific problem areas.

Have you tried this powder or any other color correctors?
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I use the physicians formula green mosaic powder to cancel out redness and it works great. I would try that one :)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete