Sunday, September 5, 2010

August Favorites!

Should i say that summer is over yet?! I think it might be lol! It was a good summer but im glad that its over in a way. I dont really deal well with too much heat and i always find nicer things to wear when it colder out LOL! Do any of you feel that way or is it just me?!? Well anyway without further rambling, here are some of my favorite things that i've used the past month of August.

1) Jane Earth Sheer blush - this has been sitting in my drawer and i never reach for it for some odd reason. I think i've talked about this blush in various of my posts but never really wore it enough to show it to you. Well the past month its all i've been wearing on my cheeks. It has a subtle sheen to it, so it makes my face glow, while adding a pink flush. I recommend it if you can get your hands on it.

2) Barry M nailpolish in Berry - this has been on my nails since i got it LOL! It makes me feel like i have Skittle nails. It's very summery and girly. Since im over the pink shade, purple is my new thing for the moment.

3) Burt's Bees lip balm in Champagne - products from Burt's Bees never seem to let me down. Everything and anything that they sell is amazing. They're pretty affordable and you can usually find them at Target or Walmart for a better deal. Ulta has deals sometimes too. This specific balm tough is soooo pretty, because it has a sheen to it that looks a bit frosty on the lips and im all about that lately. It comes in various shades if you're interested in colors.

4) NYC creme blush in Plaza Pink - i did a review on this with more detailed thoughts and swatches. You can check it out HERE if you want. I am definitely looking to get more shades of this because i love the quality for the price. I highly recommend it.

5) Rimmel London Stay Matte powder - I'm really loving this powder. I recently got it and i think it works amazing. I apply it with a brush. I swirl it in the product, then pat it all over my face for a soft feel and a matte look. I'm not a big fan of the packaging but the product is great i love it.

6) Sally Hansen Natural Beauty foundation in Sandy Beige - this has been my HG foundation. I absolutely love it. The color is perfect, the lasting power is better than others and im going to point out again that it has a PUMP! Love it, definitely check it out if you haven't.

7) Skinny Bitch book - it's not a new book, but i've been reading this like over and over again and i love it haha. It's a slap in your face about eating right and changing your lifestyle to be healthy. I want to get in the habit of changing my lifestyle and be more healthy, because i don't believe in diets. Eating healthy= loosing weight. This book is a real "wake up" call about diets and health. Have you read this?

8) Urban Decay Naked Palette - of course i had to include this LOL! I use it constantly and i absolutely love it. I heard that this palette is a permanent one for urban decay and that makes me sooooo happy because now i dont have to worry about using up the colors and now be able to find them again. Here's the full review with pictures if you haven't seen it.
_______________________________
What are some of your monthly favorites?
Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. hah i totally relate to u with having cuter clothes to wear:)
    i love winter cute boots n layering ;)

    ReplyDelete