Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lipstick Haul!

Ok so i went a little crazy with lipsticks today LOL! I went to check out the new Revlon lipsticks that everyones talking about. I wasn't sure which one to get so i got the lightest shades, Soft Nude and Baby Pink. I also ended up getting the new Wet N Wild lipsticks which i also heard good things about so i picked up Bare it All and Think Pink.
♥♥♥
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick
I absolutely LOVE what Revlon has done with these new lipsticks. First of all the quality is great. They go on smoothly and feels moisturizing. BABY PINK is a pale barbie doll pink which im really loving. It's buildable and it shows up lighter than it looks. SOFT NUDE is a gorgeous nude color. I feel like Mac Peachstock and Creme D'nude had a baby and this it is LOL! They're very soft and the shades i got are really nice. I feel like the color variety is decent. You can find one of any shade you might be looking for. I also think that the packaging is gorgeous. It looks stylish, expensive and of quality. It's very handy how they have the top cap color coordinated so you know which lipstick you're picking up from your collection. I recommend checking these out if you haven't done so already. I got them at Walgreens and they're $8.99. You can look for them at Walmart, Target or CVS. Go on revlon.com and download the $3 off coupon they offer.

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color
I was a little skeptical about getting these but i did anyway. They're only $2.99 and the quality for the price is pretty decent. THINK PINK is a nude pink, not as pale though. BARE IT ALL is a darker nude color that would work great with tan skintones, but im sure i can top something on top and make it work (LOL). You can easily keep these in your makeup bag when you need a lipstick that you dont really use when you do your makeup but would carry with you for touch-ups. Even though they have a more sleek look than the other lipsticks they have, the packaging doesn't impress me at all. It's very cheap feeling and i feel like the lipstick itself is loose and very fragile. However, the quality and pigmentation is amazing. It's not matte and not too sheer, its a creamy finish and feels great on the lips. The variety of the colors is not too impressive but its ok.
_________________________________
Thoughts? Have you tried any of these yet?

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try the Revlon lippies. I will definitely have to buy Baby Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the swatch pics! These are exactly my type of shades. :) I've been wanting to try the new Revlon lipsticks, and this is actually the first time I've heard of the new Wet n Wild ones! I hope I won't have a hard time finding them...most of the drugstores around me have stopped carrying Wet n Wild altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have something like the Revlon nude... here in India the shades are all named differently so I'm not sure if it's an exact match but it's very cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I loveeee this Revlon collection of lipsticks! I have Soft Nude and Carnation and I definitely want to get more colors, Peach seems pretty. I wear Soft Nude everyday and started being paranoid about Revlon discontinuing this line. I will die. I think I'll go and get few more Soft Nudes so I'll never run out lol I haven't heard about the Wet n Wild lippies, gotta check them out. They look gorgeous!!! Thanks girlie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jasmine - definitely check them out they're really good

    @Kristina - glad i can help =) ..i found mine at Walgreens im not sure about other drugstores

    @Ki - Thanks doll =)

    @Ebru - haha im paranoid too about not finding them one day so i plan to get some backups of Soft Nude bc i would cry without it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im sure that these are the exact same colours I would get if these were available here (UK) -love them x

    ReplyDelete